Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Initial idea for the blog.

Inititally my idea for the blog assigned by my Enviromental Engineering course was to find articles for using magnetism in recycling. Beyond what we are already able to achieve with using magnetism of metals, I was hoping to find or start a search to 'magnetise' papers or plastics. the idea is that if we could pul these recyclable resources out from the mass of waste that it would offset the actions of people who throw all waste in the trash instead of using bins for plastics and paper as I do.

The idea came to me as I was walking North Dakota State Universities sidewalks and near some of the corners are waste bins that have separate holes for easily recycled materials. Inside the bins however there are not usually dividers to separate the decompositional waste from the recyclable waste. Why not? Even the resources we have available are not being utilized. If this is the case the answer may be found at a different step of the process such as after all the waste has been collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment